Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 4: TUESDAY PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday we woke up to seeing daddy on Skype. I think this helped my children a lot! It is very hard for them to understand that daddy has to work "far away". But seeing him helps them know he's still here for them. I think about the trouble they are having and daddy will be coming back. What about children whose homes are split permenantly? How sad it must be for them.

I sold my roll top desk and I also sold the changing table. I'm using this time that Matt is away to redo the house and to clear items out. I'm declutter and dejunking the house every day. It's my goal to toss out at least 3 broken/missing pieces toys each day until all the toys have been clear through. It is also my goal to toss out a "Wal-Mart" size bag of paper trash a day. I'm taking each room a week and clearing them out...rearranging if needed and just downsizing. I'm also concentrating on 1 room a month to decorate it and make it ready for Matt to come home. 

This week I'm getting rid of large items from the upstairs and concentrating on the Living Room, the front entrance and the kid's rooms (those have to be done daily lol).

To make life a little more exciting for the kids, we went to starbucks last night for a Frap and Chai Tea! Then I went to buy a new truck to put in Matthias' room, a little bench to put by the front door for the kids to sit on and put their shoes on, and a small dark blue shelf with a door and chicken wire for the front. It's so country and cute!!! I'll post pics once my living room is complete!

Well for more fun... I bought a can of RED paint and painted my front door last night. We are going to be painting one wall red today as an accent wall. The kids are really enjoying having fun with mom doing this!

We stayed up late working on the house. So the kids slept until 8...YAY!!!