Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 5 & 6: Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday I had to wake up and go to Lowe's to get Valspar HI-DEF paint. If you are going to paint and don't have alot of time or energy...BUY PAINT AT LOWES!!! The Valspar HI-DEF paint went on quick and easy. I painted an accent wall in the living room a dark red. It took 1 coat with touch up areas. The guy at lowes said I would need two. I think he was just trying to sell me paint...lol. Just joking. 

I bought paint at Walmart Tuesday night, it was supposed to be a dark red...well. It turned out to be bright red. The kilz paint took 1 quart to do my front door...and it didn't go on evenly. I painted while the kids played. When it was time to rearrange the furniture I called the expert at everything...MOM! She watched on skype and helped me see what needed to go where. Hmmm.... 1,000 miles away and she is still bossing me around. Another joke! My mom has always been there when I needed help. She is AWESOME!

I added 2 accent pieces to the room. a small dark blue 2 shelf cabinet that doubles as an end table. It hold the router and modem now. Now the kids can't touch the buttons on the internet!!!! Yay. It has a door on the front with ...old chicken wire? It a metal screen with large squares.  I also added a small wooden bench by the front door to put back packs, purses, and diaper bags on top, plus it hold the kid's shoes on the bottom shelf.

I also covered an old ottoman with some Americana fabic. The living room is totally different. Matt was shocked. I could here the amazement in his voice. I must have done a good job.  Each month I'm going to redo a room. Not actually spend alot of money but go through it remove unwanted/unused items, paint if I feel up to it and maybe add a couple of accent pieces to the room.

So far I've sold the roll top desk and the changing table! YAY I'm clearing items out of the house. I have also tossed out 3 bags of paper trash, 2 old pairs of shoes and a child's table the kids' broke.  Making progress!

-----------------

Thursday: My phone died!!!!!!! I was so upset. It finally stopped working except to make calls. I couldn't recieve anything! So I had to go to the AT&T store to look at phones. The guy there told me to check out Best Buy for an iPhone. So I went to Best Buy (thankfully it was by Whole Foods). They had the iPhone for $100. So I decided to get that one...which Matt has been telling me for a long time to get it! I'm so glad I did. It's awesome! I got some apps for it to keep the kids busy during church...oh it's awesome!

Other than that we ran errands and ate Pizza from Whole Foods. The kids love going there. The food is healthy and as Matthias says "mom, you don't want to be fat no more?". I tell him often that we can't eat at McDonald's or Wendy's or other fast food places because they make us fat.  LOL I love my kids they are so funny!

Church was great! We had a guest speaker who has spent many years researching around the world. He can prove that the "Jesus Name" baptism has always existed. It's not always been "Father, Son, Holy Ghost.
 In fact those who refused to baptism that way where punished. It was very interesting and exciting. Of course, I like history.

After church, I got to talk to Matt by text. He's in Osan and finally got his barracks. He will get internet on Monday.