Saturday, September 11, 2010

Intro & The 1st Day of a Long Year

Welcome... if you are reading this you are wondering what a SAHM will do for a YEAR without her best friend. Well I have no idea except for the next few days. This blog is also meant to serve as a journal for my husband so that he can know what his children are doing on a daily basis.

Today...the first day of a long year!!! A year of waiting...

I began the day at 0330 to take Matt to the airport. I couldn't stop crying before we left but I was able to hold it in while in his presence. Saying "see you later" to my best friend and my love is hard to do, no matter how many times we say it.

United Airlines was kind enough to issue security passes for me and the kids to go and sit for 40 minutes with Matt until he boarded. Matt boarded his plane at 5:50 and we left the terminal with tears flowing. He posted on Facebook shortly after that he too couldn't stop crying. Even though I was emotional and sad by him leaving, I also felt a sense of pride of being an Army Wife. It's not always easy...It's not always joyful...But it is the life we have chosen.

Once we loaded into our van we went to Fort Carson to watch all the planes take off and leave from the airport until after 0630. This gave the children some closure about daddy being on an airplane. Then we spent the morning doing "retail therapy" LOL...well going to yard sales! We scored some GREAT deals. An 5x8 Americana Area Rug $5, Mirror with a window pane and shutter closures $5, 2 Woodland End Tables $2, Woodland Lamp $2, Play Kitchen $5, 5 pieces of Americana Decor for the outside $3, and Clothes for Halle.

The kids love to go to yard sales with me! After we finished, we came home for naps and to talk to daddy while he was on a layover in San Francisco. We are using Skype to talk to daddy while he is gone. AT&T charges TOO much for South Korea calling...$2.29 per minute with NO packages available. UGH!!!

We spent the afternoon talking to Nana, Aunt Mary, the cousins, Uncle Britt and Uncle Blake on Skype. The kids really love having the ability to talk to people and see them! It is so amazing to them that they can be in our home and see their cousins and grandparents in Arkansas or daddy anywhere in the world.

We had to go get dog food this afternoon. While in Big R, Matthias wanted a $50 toy tractor... well I said NO. As we were walking out to the van he said "you are a piece of Chevy". Daddy and Uncle Britt's dislike for Chevy's has rubbed off on him. I thought it was so funny... even though he was being rude and disrespectful I coudn't hold back the laughter. Just to hear him say that made me laugh and appreciate the ability of a father to influence their children. We enjoyed a quick pizza from Little Caesar's then we talked with my family in Arkansas once more.

At bed time, I couldn't bare to hear them cry for daddy. So I decided to just let me lay down in my bed. It's 2200 and they are still awake. So we are relaxing and watching a movie. Correction "Picasso" is almost asleep, she is dozing off quickly now.

No matter how much I occupy the children, my heart still longs for my best friend, my love, my husband. I am so blessed by God to have married my best friend.